The sunflower fields are starting blooming here in the Denver area. Thanks to John DeBord for the tip on the location of this field. It is a huge field spanning hundreds of acres! It’s going to be a great crop of sunflowers this year. I’ve noticed there are quite a few fields that are in the early stages and will be in full bloom over the next couple of weeks.
I captured this image a few nights ago right at sunset just as the “God Beams peaked below the clouds. It was like a ray of hope to the sunflowers as they stretched out for the last beams of sunshine. It was another beautiful sunset here in Colorado!
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
- Lens: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Zoom Lens
- Filter: Singh-Ray 4×6″ Graduated Neutral Density (3-stop) Optical Resin Filter
- Filter: B+W 82mm Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Slim MRC Filter
- ISO: 320
- Focal Length: 26 mm
- Aperture: f/11
- Shutter Speed: 1/4 sec.
- Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Software for Mac and Windows (Boxed Version), Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4