This year in Telluride we were greeted with the one of the first snows of the season. Many of the aspens were still showing green and at the early stages of fall colors, but as winter started to settle in the trees they only have a short time before full winter sets in and the color drops the the ground. I captured this branch of aspen leaves with yellow, some red and still some green and as the snow started to spurt faintly captured it falling among the fall colors. Just something soothing and calming about this image in the contrast between vibrant colors and the slow falling snow. I think I could have watch this scene for hours. I call it Fall into Winter.
The cold weather is settling here in Colorado and the nights are getting chilly. It won’t be long before we lose the last of the fall colors here and winter sets in. Enjoy what’s left this of the fall colors as you can. Have a great weekend!
- This was shot handheld with my 70-200 at 200mm to give it some isolation and compression of the background.
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
- Lens: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
- ISO: 800
- Focal Length: 200 mm
- Aperture: f/2.8
- Shutter Speed: 1/1250 sec.
- Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Software For Mac