It’s been a while since I’ve done a blog post. I’ve been traveling for the last couple of weeks, first for my Colorado Fall Colors Tour and then out to the east coast with a little visit to NY and then to Acadia National Park in Maine with a group of photographers for the annual nXnw get together. It was another successful Colorado Fall Colors tour greeted with some rain this year, but did not disappoint and finished off with an amazing sunrise at Maroon Bells this year. Look forward to that image in the coming weeks.
One of my favorite passes that isn’t too technical in terms of off-roading is Ophir Pass. It’s greater with aspen fields at the beginning and end of the pass and then a spectacular view down a valley into the town of Ophir with aspen trees and the reddish ore color of the mountain side. The colors this year were amazing and filled the hillsides with golden, and orange aspen color.
Here is a 9 shot panorama I captured near the top of Ophir Pass. I shot a majority of the tour with my Fuji X-T1 and it was refreshing. I find it to be a very capable camera, especially for landscape photography. I’ll share more in a review coming up in the next few weeks.
- Camera: Fuji X-T1 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Lens: Fuji XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS Zoom Lens/li>
- Filter: 58mm HRT Circular Polarizing Filter
- ISO: 200
- Focal Length: 18 mm (9 images shot vertically)
- Aperture: f/8
- Shutter Speed: 1/140 sec.
- Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Software for Mac and Windows (Boxed Version), Capture One Pro 8 (Download),Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Mac , Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4