My apologies for the lack of posts lately. Life’s events have taken over the last few weeks and hopefully it will get back to normal soon. I haven’t gotten out to shoot as much as I’ve wanted to but definitely have the itch to do something creative again. I have some creative projects on my list of ideas and so now it’s time to make one of those projects happen.
This image is the Sneffels Range located in San Juan Mountains just outside of Telluride, Colorado and was shot near the Last Dollar Ranch. The storm clouds were rolling out from storm that hit that morning in the Telluride area and it made for a spectacular afternoon of moving cloud goodness! The afternoon sun created a nice warmth to the scene and lit the mountain range perfectly just as the clouds were rolling over.
I do have a Colorado Fall Colors Photography Tour coming up in September of this year and so I’ve been starting to do some of the final planning around the trip. There is still an opening if you are thinking about a fall photography tour this year. I would love to have you out here in Colorado and show you around so you can see beautiful scenery such as the Sneffels Range shown in this image.
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera
- Lens: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Zoom Lens
- Filter: Singh-Ray 4×6″ Graduated Neutral Density (3-stop) Optical Resin Filter
- Filter: B+W 82mm Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Slim MRC Filter
- ISO: 100
- Focal Length: 24 mm
- Aperture: f/11
- Shutter Speed: 1/40 sec.
- Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Software for Mac and Windows (Boxed Version), Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4