Just outside of Gunnison, Colorado is the Curacanti National Recreation area. The Curacanti National Recreation is a series of 3 reservoirs and a the Gunnison River that runs between them and serves as an inlet to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. This area is best known for its excellent salmon and trout fishing and highlighted by the large Blue Mesa Reservoir. When you see the Blue Mesa Reservoir in person you’ll understand why it has Blue in the name.
Ascending from the sagebrush are the Dillon Pinnacles which were formed from eroding volcanic rock. These pinnacles form a unique butte overlooking the Blue Mesa Reservoir. This image was taken on a slight overcast day and the afternoon sun just gave a nice pleasent light on the Pinnacles.
- Camera: Fuji X-T1 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Lens: Fuji XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS Zoom Lens
- Filter: 58mm HRT Circular Polarizing Filter
- ISO: 6400
- Focal Length: 18 mm
- Aperture: f/8
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000 sec.
- Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Software for Mac and Windows (Boxed Version), Capture One Pro 8 , Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4